The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

4 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 5 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 10 2012, 20:14

Admin wrote:...so you may need a rethink on strategy. Bottom of the ocean, the heart of a volcano, core of the Earth, into orbit are all viable options for killing off the bad guys. I've marked the Dark power points above.[/i][/color]

OOC:
Ok core of the earth then, want to make it so that its nigh on impossible for them to get back without taking a solid beating. The danger here is that the dark guys start killing the innocents and causing collateral damage hence my desire not to go defensive but offensive to get them out of here asap.

Glad you've got an easier week ahead mate, once again things have gotten really interesting so it will be hard to wait for the replies ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 5 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  Admin Mon Jun 11 2012, 01:30

OOC At work, so will do what I can, but replies/updates from around 9am on I should think when I get home. Sentinel calls on the Dark power. I assume 10 points (?) same as the others. Ego 12 + Roll 1d10=4, 1d10=1=17. That's not good. Dark power 10 + Roll 1d10=10, 1d10=2=22. Hero points cost double when used after the roll is made. You might need a couple of dice (4 HP) to counter those naff rolls. 1d10=7, 1d10=10 so use those and roll passed (29 vs 22). [2,7,10,5,1,1,5,9,5,10] = (55) x2=110 Dark power points for Silver Sentinel. If you are wanting to blow all of that on strength it buys an extra 7 Grades. I'd consider another grade of vigour though (or two - this is going to get messy!)

Silver Sentinel
81/110htc
88htk
67 Hero Points
10 fate points
Dark Power level 2
Dark power experience 2/10
Dark Power growth 1
Dark Power points to spend 110
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:47

OOC: I ment to say 10 points for me as well. I wasnt sure if i could of spread the points across more than one ability, yes vigour would be good two grades would be good giving SS a physical boost to resistance and strength which should reflect the power surge he felt when the dark prince returned to him

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 11 2012, 16:51

Major Nazi stood in the doorway, laughing. "You are no challenge! My power will eclipse yours!" and he stared again with those red eyes of his... Energy beams blasted forth! Anyman felt searing heat fall upon him!

OOC Quick Blast (1 frame) attack against Anyman. WC4, -3DD, 2 more 'Villain Points'. Roll 10,1,6,8 (18) + 4 + 6=28-17=11 accuracy. 11htk, 11htc. RESPONSE? That would drop Anyman to 25htc, 13htk, perilously close to being staggered and hospitalised...

The Big Nazi attacked Frostbite with an arm that stretched outwards!

OOC WC2 + DC6 + Roll 9,7 (16)=24-17=7 accuracy. Add damage from punch (7) then strength bonus (+40)=54/3=18htc. Any response to the hit?

The woman seemed to be gathering herself for another devastating attack!

OOC holding frame

The strange being that seemed to be a window into the depths of space stepped forward and spread his arms... "lasst uns keine Zeit verschwenden!"

"NEIN!" bellowed Nazi "They ...HE must suffer!" he barked.

The 'Void' bowed his head slightly, as if sneering, then looked up to Silver Sentinel, stood only metres away. "Let us dance. Tell me, Englander. In your pretty metal suit, can you hold your breath?"

OOC Void holds his frame. When he acts, you'll know it.

The P'utinarians cowered in fear, pressing into the corners of the chamber. The reporter bravely backed up to the walls and tried their best to observe everything that transpired... Though he knew he was only moments from death!

OOC Two responses (? Anyman? Frostbite?) then your four frames. You have your dark power points, you face opponents who use the dark power themselves to enhance their powers, and Major Nazi is an anomaly. Any hero points you want to spend? Fate points GUARANTEE a double result, but you have only 10 of those, so spend carefully. When the Nazis act next, the fight will kick into overdrive... Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 11 2012, 22:36

ooc: Anyman will take the damage so as to have all four of his frames and hope that finishes his opponent. HE also speaks German so if you want to translate that last bit, it would help. Effort points into hitting.

Going for Major Nazi with the superstrength, armor piercing stretching attack. If he gets knocked out of range, then stretching to hit the next closest solid target with his remaining frames.

He will have to heal and/or dodge/deflect next round. Depends on how the dice rolls for initiative.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 11 2012, 23:24

Admin wrote:The Big Nazi attacked Frostbite with an arm that stretched outwards!

OOC WC2 + DC6 + Roll 9,7 (16)=24-17=7 accuracy. Add damage from punch (7) then strength bonus (+40)=54/3=18htc. Any response to the hit?

OOC:
ok I will parry as there is precious little else I can do in the time I have to respond. Do I get to do my teleport attack in this coming round, having spent the points to get it and the ego necessary to beat them I'm quiet keen to see what happens when we unleash such power on them. My worry about them is they can attack the innocent bystanders with impunity whilst we won't. I guess it won't be long before they try something like that hence the all out, get them out of here and give them something far worse to worry about at the centre of the earth etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Jun 12 2012, 07:25

OOC: I'm guessing concentrating fire is our best bet, who first major Nazi in the hope the others will think twice?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 12 2012, 15:58

OOC "Let's not waste any time" - German to English translation that Anyman understands.

Stretching out with his hand formed into a needle point (the armour piercing part) Anyman lunges for his old enemy!

OOC Anyman attacks Major Nazi... WC3 + DC6 + Roll (using 1HP) 8,5,2 (13)=22-17=5 accuracy (+5 from punch) + 147 damage (!!!)= 157 damage! Major Nazi dodges with a level of superhuman speed that would impress Lionheart! Dodging 1D6 (5) + Dodge mod (Agility, Speed, Reactions +6 in total) less WC3. Major Nazi dodges the blow (using 1fr). Anyman attacks again! (Same modifiers... roll 1,8,3 for 11+9=20-17. 3 accuracy). Major Nazi dodges again (roll 4 + 6 -3, attack dodged!) using another frame.

Anyman lunges, Major nazi dances aside! "Too slow, Englishman!" he laughs. Again Anyman stabs at his foe... Major Nazi ducks the blow! This time he's less cocky, and concentrates on dodging the next blows...

OOC Next attack WC3 + DC6 + Roll (1 HP) 10,2,5 (17)=26-17=9 accuracy. He tries to dodge again! Roll (2) + Dodge mod 6 - WC3=reduces accuracy to 4. That still hits, and with the dividers...

Major Nazis smile is wiped from his face as the spike of Anyman slams into his chest... and out of the other side!

Those gathered suddenly felt something...

Major Nazi seemed to break into fragments that pulled apart... then dragged themselves back together away from the spike of Anyman!

Shocked, Anyman wondered what had changed his foe! Was he so powerful now that the Dark Power had effectively made him immortal?

'No.' rasped a bitter voice inside the head of Anyman, Silver Sentinel and Frostbite 'The Shadow Demons foolishly are using Major Nazi as a conduit for their power, and are tied directly into his life force! Hundreds of our former subjects just died in the shadow dimension!'

OOC Physical attacks affect Major Nazi... but rather than killing him they kill Shadow Demons! There must be some other way to defeat this foe! Anyman - Do you want to keep stabbing at him or do something else with your last frame?

Frostbite blocked the big Nazis arm, then concentrated, reaching out with his mind! He 'saw' his targets in his mind, then tried to teleport them!

OOC Roll of 18 for the parry, Frostbite takes no damage from the hit... Grade 6 Teleport (95 points) and 19 points on Ego and attacks with teleport (taking 1 action, leaving 1 frame). Something strange happens...

The Nazis seemed to shimmer (all apart from the man who looked like a hole into space) and cry out in pain! For a moment it seemed they were breaking into hundreds, thousands, of tiny pieces!

Then they reformed, whole, unchanged, standing in the same place!

"It's not possible..." said Frostbite, aware that for the first time he doubted the Dark power! How could such a vast, powerful, limitless might such as the Dark power not defeat his enemies?

'You didn't fail... you transported thousands of Shadow Demons from my home dimension into the core of the earth! They are dead, but there are thousands, millions more ready to take their place!' rasped the Dark Power inside Frostbites head. 'The Shadow Demons must be desperate indeed to sacrifice thousands of our people in this way!'

Frostbites mind raced.. how on earth could they beat a foe who diverted all incoming harm to thousands of other creatures who died in their droves to thwart the Vanguard?

'Query:' said the Frostbot inside Frostbites head. 'Your enemy has formed an alliance with the Nazis. We know they feed off suffering and the negative emotions of humankind and other sentient life forms. It seems all of your efforts are somehow diverted from the Nazis themselves into the Shadow Demons in an alternate dimension. How then can such an enemy be thwarted?'

OOC Sentinels frames, Anyman and Frostbite have 1 frame each left... and face off against foes that they - seemingly - cannot defeat! No surprise really when you consider that they are ranged against an entire world of shadow demons, albeit indirectly! There is a way out of this, and it's easily within your grasp, and could be one of those things that you find really obvious... or obscure and stumps you...? Don't be stumped for too long - its the Nazis frames after Sentinel acts (and Anyman/Frostbite used their final frames).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 13 2012, 01:26

ooc: Well I'm stumped at present. The only thing I can think of is using Impossible Events and close off all access from the demon realm to Earth permanently. I'll give it a good think overnight.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 13 2012, 07:20

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc: Well I'm stumped at present. The only thing I can think of is using Impossible Events and close off all access from the demon realm to Earth permanently. I'll give it a good think overnight.

OOC:
Like wise its easy to over think these things, or feel unless you are being as devious you've missed it. It does seem that probability manipulation has no real limit as long as enough points are pumped into it. We know we've driven the Shadows back using it before, so its entirely possible that something random and unforeseen could cause the collapse of whatever medium they are using to channel their efforts into the Nazi's. The other thing is that, given what we know, this is a strange unified and very sacrificial way of doing things. The cost must be enormous, if it continued might whole groups start to buckle? Might the whole concept, buckle under the reality of the true cost as thousands and then millions start to die? I wonder if this whole idea has a huge flaw that probability manipulation can capitalise on and exploit, blowing this whole thing wide open.

Ok since my teleport failed I think we need to take a new approach, but with only one frame left to respond not sure what we can do. I can't even turn intangible in a frame. In our next round I can call on the dark power get enough points for probability manipulation and spin this out for a try - provided we all last that long.

It was clear that the Nazi's were gaining the upper hand. Uncontested until now, Frostbite was momentarily stumped by what he new to be true of the situation. But he also knew that in every chain was a weak link, some flaw, that when exploited resulted in catastrophic consequences. He would need a moment to gather his spent energies and once again call on his Dark Companions power, but for now he had to just survive.

OOC:
Ok so use frame to move away from the P'utinarians and reporters to make sure they aren't targeted and get ready for incoming. Since we need to maximise our frames, I'll try to do my best not to use future frames unless the damage will be such that I clearly put my whole plan in jeopardy. Then when the moment allows, 8 dark power points, with hero points as usual, probability manipulation to some how either sever the link to the Shadow Demons or somehow cause a change of heart a collapse of morale so they stop this heedless self sacrifice and either way leave the Nazi's defenceless. If need be I will use a fate point to seal the deal.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Jun 13 2012, 07:55

OOC: If we cannot kill or harm them in anyway how about we trap them. Like the dark queen we recently faced that we attempted to freeze, although they are incredibly strong we are surrounded by metal pipes and stuff. Or what if we damage the super nazis physicly or even transfer they minds without harming them? Reasoning with the shadows somehow right now is properly are best bet.

IC: Sentinel was so horrified he stopped dead in his tracks.

'Think damn it Steve or we're dead.' Then he looked up and spotted his good old friend cold hard steel.

'If I cant harm them.....I'll encase them' and with that a torrent of liquid metal poured over void from behind.

OOC: I'm just testing the water void properly will just suck it up but hopefully he's preoccupied for a minute. Sentinel will delay but ready a dodge if he can until we have a solid plan.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 13 2012, 15:41

Sentinel gestured... and the metal from the pipework in the room (quite a lot of it!) shot towards the nazi who looked like a portal into deep space!

Just as it was about to touch the Nazi, the metal vanished! It was as if the mans body really was a portal into deep space.. and that made him very, very dangerous indeed! Touching this man, or coming into close proximity to him, might be lethal!

Frostbite knew they were in trouble - the Vanguard had never faced opponents as powerful as they were, and didn't do so now... but they did face an entire world of Shadow Demons, empowering these few nazis to have powers almost at equal level to that of the Vanguard! He looked about, seeing the terrified P'utinarians and the reporter...

'Query:' said the Frostbot inside of Frostbites head 'The enemy, like the Vanguardians, is empowered by the fear and negative emotions of those nearby, drawing on it, amplifying it and channelling it into raw power. What if there were no negative emotions for them to draw on?'

Frostbite glanced about. Negative emotions. He'd effectively removed all negative emotions from Britain with his strange reality warping effect! Perhaps he didn't need to do something as drastic as that here... he had the ability to teleport, but rather than teleport the enemy... what if...?

OOC Sentinel has 2 frames remaining, Frostbite moves away from the P'utinarians and Anyman has a frame left, then the bad guys get their frames, and you'll see what Void can do...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:08

The clouds blasted past the V-Ship as Lionheart stood on the bridge, wondering just what one man could do against the fleet he'd seen!

"Speed... escape velocity reached!" said a Peeler, trying not to look flabbergasted as he stood over the shoulder of a Skrall technician. "We're... we're in space!"

The blue turned darker, then became inky blackness as the V-Ship broke free from the bounds of Earths gravity! Instantly the environmental systems kicked in to generate artificial gravity and the screen expanded across the wall to widen the view of near space.

The fleet of Robo Carriers was stationed in perfect, space out orbit in a ring around planet Earth, but even they looked tiny at this distance! The Peeler confirmed "Transmission from the nearest Robo Carrier confirms they recognise us as friendly. All have reconfigured their systems to generate a 'detection field' around Earth which will warn if anything comes too near. Pardon me sir, but what on Earth are we looking for out here?"

"not on Earth..." said Lionheart, staring at the screen. "There! Magnify!"

The Peeler stared at the screen " I don't see anything...?"

"Magnify again! To maximum!" ordered Lionheart...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 5 Rsn_release_june_all_2

There were collective gasps as the human crew (around half a dozen peelers) gaped at the screen! Then one of the agents looked down at a panel and muttered "Incoming transmission? For Richard?" he paused for a moment. "Agent Carter?" He shrugged, then pressed 'accept'.

There was a flash of bright light on the bridge and Beth Carter, Sunburst, formed into being! "Thanks! I couldn't get through the shields without expending all my energy, so changed it to become a message transmission! Glad you answered! Richard! There are vast ships out there which make the Robo Carriers look...oh" she said, glancing at the screen. "What do we do? Attack? Gather the Robo Carriers? Call the Vanguard? Try to make contact with the alien fleet?"

A peeler, a female agent, suited like the men, gasped "Bigger? But...but the Robo Carriers are the biggest thing we've ever encountered! There are no facilities to built vessels that size on Planet Earth! And those things are ... are bigger?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:07

Admin wrote:Frostbite

Frostbite glanced about. Negative emotions. He'd effectively removed all negative emotions from Britain with his strange reality warping effect! Perhaps he didn't need to do something as drastic as that here... he had the ability to teleport, but rather than teleport the enemy... what if...?

What if he teleported the people in the immediate area away so that there was no negativity to draw on? Could he do that? Could he attempt to move that many people at once. He did have the power, but what would be the effect?

OOC:
Sorry to be dense, but was that what you were implying. I don't want to waste frames attempting something that clearly wasn't going to happen no matter how much power I apply - it was just that reading your message earlier seemed to suggest the alternative was this? And if so I will attempt to do this...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Jun 13 2012, 19:41

Sentinel try again, pouring even more liquid metal towards void only to be sucked into the abiss of space joining the other blob from before and combining.

"HA... Is that really the best you can do English man. You cannot destroy me"

"It wasnt ment for you old boy" sentinel quickly answered with a squint and a smerk as the dull metallic blob from within void shot out and ensnaired the Nazi woman who was concentrating else where slowly dragging her closer to her team mate.

OOC: I'll give this ago until next round, if we cant kill them then maybe we can hold them in space

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:06

Admin wrote:A peeler, a female agent, suited like the men, gasped "Bigger? But...but the Robo Carriers are the biggest thing we've ever encountered! There are no facilities to built vessels that size on Planet Earth! And those things are ... are bigger?"

"It never rains...call agent Carter back, lower the field..." Sentinel felt out of his league, even with the robo carrier ships its clear that they were facing a force more than prepared for resistance.

"Ok well it always pays to be civil. Lets hail them..."

Lionheart sat back, waiting for the hail to be received, partly curious as to what and who it was they were facing. But he had little doubt as to who they were facing.

OOC:
Ok not sure what we are dealing with and indeed why I'm up here on my own, this doesn't smack of a balanced encounter...come on Paul don't the new rules allow for balanced encounters ;-).

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:25

Anyman will hold his remaining frame, preparing to use it to dodge or deflect an attack or have it for use as a full action, depending on how initiative goes.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 14 2012, 19:44

smaug wrote:Sentinel try again, pouring even more liquid metal towards void only to be sucked into the abiss of space joining the other blob from before and combining.

"HA... Is that really the best you can do English man. You cannot destroy me"

"It wasnt ment for you old boy" sentinel quickly answered with a squint and a smerk as the dull metallic blob from within void shot out and ensnaired the Nazi woman who was concentrating else where slowly dragging her closer to her team mate.

OOC: I'll give this ago until next round, if we cant kill them then maybe we can hold them in space

OOC Very clever - didn't see that coming, and as a result...

From within the depths of the creature known as void a metal tendril, a thin as a finger, shot out and coiled itself around the womans leg! "Vast ist...?" she had time to cry... before the metal, woman and all, vanished into the depths of the Voids body!

"Noooooooooooooooooo!" she screamed, and Void cried out "Nein!"

(OOC translated from German into English for Anyman - no one else understands this...)

"Martha! MARTHA! You.. you SWINE! You will pay for that, metal man!" screamed the Void.

Major Nazi yelled out "No! You must remain in control! Remember what happened at the training camp!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" screamed the Void, and he unleashed his power...

OOC Frostbite needs two frames to use teleport to whisk away the source of the Nazis power. The Vanguard, far more versed in the used of the Dark Power, and symbiote to beings of vastly greater power than even hordes of the normal shadow demons, can draw on the negative emotions of beings from quite a distance (though Frostbite found out the limits of that distance when he removed all sources of Negative emotions for hundreds of miles in every direction). The Nazis, whilst playing host to potentially limitless numbers of Shadow Demons, are still playing host only to regular rank and file demons who rely on the terror, fear and rage (amongst other emotions) to be close up... as it is...

The Void suddenly expanded outwards, becoming a hole, through which anything loose was dragged towards with the force of a hurricane wind! Frostbite instinctively froze his feet to the floor and grunted in pain as his strength was tested to its limits!

Anyman clung to the ceiling but felt his wide blanket form pulled in every direction towards the voids gaping hole! He saw the reporter LeSeur fly through the air towards the hole and flailed out a tendril, desperate, hoping to snag him before he entered the cold oblivion of space in the depths of the Void!

"Arrggggh!" cried Anyman, as his tendrils snagged the tiniest part of LeSeurs leg, and stretched to its limits! The man dangled feet away from oblivion!

The P'utinarians clung to the walls and floor, though their putty like forms were stretched to their limits!

Major Nazi jumped backwards, possessing the speed and power to resist the pull of the Void, though the look on his face, a mixture of anger and fear, suggested he had experienced it before!

The remaining two nazis (shorter blond man and huge fella) ducked behind the brick walls of the chamber on either side of the doorway, but that would soon prove to be little help! The bricks were rattling and starting to pull loose, flying through the air into the circular hole, now some 3m high and across and expanding! Where it touched the ceiling the bricks simply vanished into its depths, revealing daylight above!

Silver Sentinel used his flying ability to resist the pull of the Void... but was almost instantly overwhelmed, and was dragged backwards, inexorably, through the air towards the dark window into who knew where! He was only heartbeats away from being pulled in!

OOC No rounds/frames etc, just state actions and intent as combat is effectively over whilst the Void has gone into meltdown - anyone who can't cling, fly very fast or somehow resist the pull of several hundred mile an hour winds will be drawn into the void, and the more that is drawn in, the greater the size and effect!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 14 2012, 20:03

Admin wrote:OOC No rounds/frames etc, just state actions and intent as combat is effectively over whilst the Void has gone into meltdown - anyone who can't cling, fly very fast or somehow resist the pull of several hundred mile an hour winds will be drawn into the void, and the more that is drawn in, the greater the size and effect!

OOC: Well besides making sure his own skin is safe, Frostbite would like to try and make sure he some how aids Sentinel from being sucked in. Perhaps freezing a wall of ice or some sort of ice hand hold he can use to give him traction whilst he fights the pull.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 14 2012, 20:20

OOC Balanced encounters? For Lionheart? If so, I'd need to double the size of the invasion fleet! Razz

Lionheart turned to a nearby Skrall as Beth stood by his side. "Hail them."

Almost instantly an image appeared on the screen of a man - albeit Alien - adorned in armour and standing large against a backdrop (OOC not shown...) of a bridge on a starship.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 5 6ro948

The sound over the speakers was garbled for a moment, then...

"...Star Guard, and I am Centurion! I speak for the League of United Planets, an organisation of dozens of technologically advanced worlds, and have been ordered to begin mining operations immediately on the moon orbiting the 3rd planet of this solar system! Whom do I address, and where is the being known as... Anyman?"

Lionheart had to stifle a smile. Even in the depths of deep space Anyman had made a name for himself! Beth glanced at Lionheart, then spoke up "We do not recognise your authority, and dispute your claim to mine our moon! Why, there could be consequences which jeopardise..."

Centurion turned. "Are you the leader, woman?"

Beth bristled "No, he is but..."

"SILENCE!" yelled Centurion! He turned to Lionheart "The Devourer will be here very, very soon. It has been decreed that the Lunarium found on your moon in quantities unheard of throughout the Universe will be mined for as much as we are able to extract before we depart to escape the Devourers hunger! There will be seismic disruption on the moon and large chunks will be broken free, doubtless dragged by your planets gravity to crash onto the surface below! That is regrettable, but part of a necessary process - we have no time for finesse. The former leader of the Star Guard, Imperator, has been removed from office for opposing the plan, but it is for the greater good. Your planet will soon be destroyed, and this solar system with it. Far better to remove what resources there are than let them go to waste. We have made provisions on board a star liner to transport 10,000 human beings to a habitable world. Admittedly, the weather system is harsh, the resident creatures formidable, but your species will survive if they are worthy. Make your selection of the 10,000, but do not think to hinder us. Time is short, and if you cannot select the 10,000 in a standard Galactic day, we will. Or you can accept your fate with dignity and grace, and go quietly into oblivion. Who knows? Perhaps your world will be destroyed by the mining process, and thus you will be spared the painful doom of the Devourers embrace? Make your choice."

The image winks out.

OOC For personal notes/reference Star Guard 1st appearance
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:32

OOC: Well besides making sure his own skin is safe, Frostbite would like to try and make sure he some how aids Sentinel from being sucked in. Perhaps freezing a wall of ice or some sort of ice hand hold he can use to give him traction whilst he fights the pull.

Anyman is going to get nasty. He is going to reshape his powers. He wants a type of Life sense, I guess, so he can tell friend from foe. He wants teleportation. He is going to send all friendly non-combatants within range away - P'utanarians, other prisoners, reporters, unwilling experimental subjects, etc. - um .... guessing about five-ten miles away - so whatever level to teleport multiple targets that far away. In case these guys go nuclear, that should be a safe distance. Also, it should be far enough away that their fear and other negative emotions can no longer fuel the uber-Nazis.

Wonder if the Void will collapse before the depowering Nazis get sucked in? HehEheheeheh!

Put effort points, if I need to, into not screwing the rolls to convert his Dark Powers around like that and to make the teleport work. Grade Two strength should be enough to keep him from being sucked in, barely. Any points left over, he will use to heal himself.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:35

Make your selection of the 10,000, but do not think to hinder us. Time is short, and if you cannot select the 10,000 in a standard Galactic day, we will. Or you can accept your fate with dignity and grace, and go quietly into oblivion. Who knows? Perhaps your world will be destroyed by the mining process, and thus you will be spared the painful doom of the Devourers embrace? Make your choice."

ooc: Don't know if Anyman reported his encounter with the Star Guard in detail that the team knows about but he promised to utterly destroy their empire if they did what they are planning to do, by snuffing out or making them go nova, their suns one by one. Don't know if Lionheart is aware of that fact. Nowhere Boy also promised to destroy their worlds.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:35

Admin wrote:The image winks out.

"Now you wait..."

And for once, one of the fastest men on earth, simply wasn't fast enough. "Blast it!" To know one in particular. What could they do, the forces were intent on mining the moon, come what may.

"Hail the Vanguard, then tell the ships to get read, we'll blockage the moon. Meanwhile me and Beth are going to get on that ship and play merry hell with that Alien."

OOC:
Ok correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming that in giving us an day to get people ready, is he waiting a day before mining, or he is mining but we'll still have a day before things go from bad to worse?

Basically I think in either case we'll move the Robot fleet to blockade the ship and I'll have to find some way to get myself and Beth onboard the main ship to stop them. A force of Robot warriors like Number 1 should be good to - but I worry that they might get funny ideas and be unpredictable. What I need right now is Frostbot.

Edit
Don't know if Anyman reported his encounter with the Star Guard in detail that the team knows about but he promised to utterly destroy their empire if they did what they are planning to do, by snuffing out or making them go nova, their suns one by one. Don't know if Lionheart is aware of that fact. Nowhere Boy also promised to destroy their worlds.

ok sorry cross post, right I am not sure if Lionheart knew, even if he did, they've deposed the guy you dealt with and got a new yes man in place, who is willing to do whatever to get the job donetm
Anyway I can try to hail them, not sure if they'll listen but with that information - why not try. Lionheart will first try to hail them and warn them as Dave has suggested of the standing threat from Anyman.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Jun 15 2012, 20:07

"Ah crap thats made him blow a gasket. Way to go SS enrage the already super power Nazi psycho" he screamed to no one in particular while searching for some heavy metal to aid his flight in his aviation of voids void. Just hovering a couple foot off ground in what can only be described as a wind tunnel thanks to the combined efforts of his flight and metal manipulation used as a physic grappling hook he couldnt help wondering (OOC: Where did it all go wrong) how long could his 'void' character keep up this level of power and does it come with a price.

OOC: Okay how many millions of shadows in the other realm did I accidently kill by getting the female Nazi flung into the vacuum of space?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 16 2012, 00:06

OOC All the damage you inflicted on the Nazis was in turn visited upon the Shadow Demons in the Shadow Dimension. Thousands were slain, but millions remain!

Frostbite forms wave after wave of ice in walls between the Voids gate and the Vanguard, as well as the P'utinarians who desperately cling to the walls! He sees the ice break free of its moorings as the bricks themselves are torn up and flung into the hole, then he himself starts to slide!

Meanwhile Sentinel strains against the wind, but it's no good! He is whisked into the Void!!!

Frostbite shouts "No!" but sees something - a chain of metal, with a hook on the end, shoot outwards from the darkness and hook into the brickwork of the chamber! Then another, and another, and he hopes his friend can hang on!

Anyman clings onto the reporter, then summons more dark power! The Demon inside obliges, and he feels a rush of power inside him! He summons up a sense that allows him to detect all life forms in a range of half a dozen miles, noting the enemy - Nazis - and the location of everyone else! He turns to his friends, and sees Frostbite forming column after column of thick ice between ceiling and floor, which saves half a dozen P'utinarians as the bricks they adhere to are torn free! The Void gate is growing!

Inside the mouth of the Void, conscious only because of his superhuman endurance, Sentinel is COLD! He's colder than he's ever been, and knows this place isn't deep space - it's somewhere else, some 'pocket dimension' of sorts. The concept would have been laughable months ago, before he was Silver Sentinel, but he'd seen so much since then! He risked glanced down, and almost succumbed to the madness of an endless fall into oblivion, neither living nor dead! His suit was already threadbare having been reformed to create chains that anchored him inside the room, but judging by the number of - CLACK! - bricks flying into the Void he knew they would not long hold! Cursing as he was struck in the face by several flying bricks, he started pulling on the chains, trusting to his superhuman strength and indomitable will!

Frostbite poured the ice on, filling the chamber as much as he could, and managing to still the winds some, though they could still be classed as 'gale force'. How long he could keep that up, he was unsure, and he saw his ice constructs collapsing and being dragged into the voice as soon as he made them!

Suddenly he felt a curious sensation, and looked to where Anyman clung to what remained of the ceiling!

OOC ok roll time...

Anyman
80/110 htc (see below)
68/88 htk (see below)
70 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 9/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Points 0
Dark Power Growth 3 (see below)
Strength +11 Grades (6fr)
Armour Piercing (-4DD) (6fr)
Teleport Gr6 (10fr)
Life Sense Gr3 (10fr)

Anyman needs around 10 points to get a decent level of Dark power. Using Hero Points as required. Anyman [3,7,12] = (22) vs Dark Power 10 + Growth 2 [1,9,12] = (22). Anyman uses Hero Points (cost 2 for 1d10, modified above) roll 1d10=8 which replaces the 3 and allows his to succeed. Dark power points 10d10 [6,6,5,7,3,10,10,4,10,2] = (63) + [9,8,4] = (21)=84 * 3 = 252 Dark power points. Life Sense Grade 3 costs 50, Teleport Grade 6 (teleporting so many beings, blind save for Life sense and without physical contact) costs 95. Anyman restores himself to health (55 for htc, 55 on htk which brings him up to levels shown above)

The Nazis are unseen on the other side of the Void as Anyman concentrates...

*pop*

And hundreds of people, human and otherwise (P'utinarians, some Skrall technicians) land gently in a field of grass, far away from the gathering Void! Sentinel yanks on his chains, only to find he's not being pulled by the Void winds, nor are his chains attached to anything! His Armour is in tatters, but reforms with a thought over his body!

Coated in ice, with melting blocks of the stuff all about, Frostbite sits up. There are - quite literally - hundreds of dazed prisoners in the field! In fact, there are so many he turns to Anyman, who is reaching down for his 'hat' theatrically and dusting it off to settle it on his bandaged head as he stands! Anyman looks about, then at Frostbite "1147 I count." he says, answering the unanswered question. He turns to the south, and sees the distant clouds being drawn down towards the camp. Lightning flashes as the Void pulls on the forces of nature, bending and twisting them to its will!

As the Vanguard stand, they look on at the flashes in the distance, and see the dust cloud growing... then starting to shrink as the Void eats its fill and starts to close!

"....skrrzzz...come in vanguard, I repeat, this is Peeler 133 calling all Vanguard..." crackled a voice over the earpieces the Vanguard wore, though they had to fiddle to put them back in. "An alien invasion fleet has been spotted near Earth en route to the moon! Urgent request your assistance, over!"

Frostbite, Sentinel and Anyman looked at one another. The Void storm seemed to be dying down, though there was no way to tell if it had consumed Major Nazi and his team! They could still be out there, and they were very dangerous! That said... an Alien fleet neared Earth... clearly the Vanguard weren't going to be able to rest anytime soon!

LeSeur, shaken, but trying to remain professional, gasped "you... you people.... I ... I never... you..." he looked about, at all the prisoners who'd been saved from certain death "i... don't know what..." he slumped to the grass with a dazed look on his face!

OOC you escaped the Void, rescued the prisoners and heard the message from Lionhearts ship. Get after the Nazis or back on board the Robo Carrier to head towards space, and what of the rescued prisoners?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next