The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #7 Battle for the fate of Albion!

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #7 Battle for the fate of Albion! - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #7 Battle for the fate of Albion!

Post  smaug Fri Mar 09 2012, 07:53

OOC: Hopefully the sword works as I too was thinking about binding her some how with sentinels metal manipulation but I fear its too slow and there isnt enough metal around other than the chains hanging from the wall. Im guessing the dark queen had a throne, was it made of metal? I dont think its a good idea to melt down the grail some how.

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #7 Battle for the fate of Albion! - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #7 Battle for the fate of Albion!

Post  Admin Sat Mar 10 2012, 00:24

OOC The Queen hasn't used much of her power/magic since you guys made the sacrifice and took the beating. There's a good reason for that...

Morrigan paused. She looked at the sword, then pondered for a moment. "If you will not fight me... I wonder..." she stroked the grail, and it glowed briefly. "Strike me down, outlander! See where that gets you!" and she kicked the blade across the floor to where Frostbite could reach ofr it and close his hand around the hilt.

"No!" screamed Morgana. "She's tricking you! She WANTS you to wound her, even kill her! The grail will protect her life force! It will make her more powerful! Don't do it!"

More sections of rock began to fall, and an annoyed look came across Morrigans face. She pointed a hand at the ceiling, then changed her mind and pointed at Morgana. A cloth binding appeared around Morgans face to gag her, and once more, Morrigan was annoyed, even looking at her hand. "Strike me down! Help your friends! Save the day!"

Sentinel glanced at Frostbite. Would his friend really kill her? He watched as Frostbite rose on unsteady legs then pulled the sword back, as if to thrust... Just then Morrigan changed her mind, and uttered a spell under her breath! Frostbite cried out, as his body froze rigid, and the Queen walked forwards to prise open his fingers and take the sword herself! She held it up, and smiled. "Magical! How delightful! But.. there appears to be a command to speak to activate its power!" She turned her eyes on Frostbite, and he felt her will magically impose itself on his!

'Some mortals never learn...' chuckled the Dark power. 'Let her think she has you, mortal. Speak the word the witch told you, remember? She said 'If, as I found, you find yourself at the pointed end of the sword in the hands of a treacherous cur - Paladin, HA! - get them to say...'

Morgana shook her head, but could not speak. Sentinel felt a crash as rock fell near him. Frostbite couldn't move any muscle, save those in his mouth, to speak! he felt the magic of the Queen pressing down on him, forcing a word out of him, that might seal his doom... or doom the Queen...

Sentinel knew the sword was magic, but figured that his power might be able to effect it. Would he try it now, or wait until Frostbite had uttered the so called 'magic word'?

=========

Elesieth battled with bow and blade, her magic having seemingly deserted her...

Many of her followers had fallen in battle, but all of a sudden, almost in time with the earth breaking up and spewing more lava out, it seemed there were less enemies. Before, they had been too numerous to count! Now? She watched as a Knight was struck down by a demon, only for the Demon to vanish too! What was happening? First her magic suddenly stopped working, as did that of many of the armies magical spells, weapons and enchantments, then many of the enemy started to disappear, especially if they struck down one of Elesieths forces!

"Mount up, all those able!" she shouted over the din of the volcano belching forth its fire. Across the landscape other mountains were splitting to ooze lava. "We go to Morrigans castle to finish this!"

Several hundred nearby took up the call, leaving thousands more battling against creatures from the pits of the netherworlds. Elesieth wheeled her horse about, saluted those still battling, and perhaps son to die, then sped off, followed by dozens of pirates, knights, warriors, rangers, and more on horseback, weaving through and around the tortured earth which forced up another volcano seemingly every few minutes!

OOC If you need a clue for the magic word (there are two to choose from and one will save your skin...) check out World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a Strange land' in the 'Story so far' section...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Mar 10 2012, 08:25

Sentinel heard the dark ones voice, I felt so ago since he heard it last. He waited from his friends move....'say them Joe, say the words'.

OOC: I frostbite doesnt for what ever reason sentinel will work his way over to morgana in the attempt to save her and if the dark queen stops/kills him well them hopefully that would distract her long enough from frostbite

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Mar 10 2012, 10:05

Admin wrote: Frostbite couldn't move any muscle, save those in his mouth, to speak! he felt the magic of the Queen pressing down on him, forcing a word out of him, that might seal his doom... or doom the Queen...

Frostbite was not the actor that Anyman was, but more than once he had had to bluff for his life. Now he looked pained, it wasn't hard. He struggled, for in truth it was a struggle and with a pained expression toward Morganna as if somehow the fight had gone from him he blurted out the word, in a gasp. His voice ragged and the fight gone, ".. B...Bethnedarr!" Was he said, his head sagging with the effort as he expired genuinely exhausted.

OOC:
I have been waiting to use this sword in this way since we got it, hence my previous post, so lets see if this actually stops what should never have been started once and for all. Lets hope her mad rush for power makes her unwise to the trick we're playing. Ross don't move a muscle until she speaks if this goes pair shaped then we might have someone else to say. Trouble is, so will the grail, so lets play it cautiously.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 11 2012, 13:11

Morrigan smiled. "How easily you give up your secrets! Should I slay you, where you try to stand, or will you bend knee and serve me?" Without waiting, the Dark Queen knew the answer, and she raised the sword high to plunge into Frostbite! His heart leapt - if she didn't say the word, he would be killed!

"Bethnedarr!" she cried! Then she cried out again, as crystal formed around her feet and snaked up her legs, torso, chest, arms, to the neck and chin and she was able to splutter "Wh...what?" before she was encased, perfectly, in the crystal!

The castle really started to shake and break now, and Sentinel dragged himself over to Morgana. With a gesture her chains melted away, and reformed on him as a metal suit of armour! It glowed slightly, clearly having some magical properties of some description. Helping the injured Morgana to her feet, they stopped where Frostbite stood in front of the - now - statue.

"Frozen, forever, preserved. Alive, but sleeping." said Frostbite even as stone fell around him! Sentinel scooped him up under the other arm and flew out of the window. "The grail!" cried Morgana, reaching out. Frostbite turned, exhausted. "To get the grail, you'd have to free your darker self." said Frostbite. With that, Morgana nodded, and the three flew from the tower as it caved in behind them, and was seemingly swallowed by the earth! All around, the land was cracked and broken, orange of lava showing from below.

Albion was broken, destroyed. It's time was up.

The world was soon to die!

Ash filled the skies, and rained down mixed with fireballs. The trio landed where they waited for an oncoming group of horse riders to clatter up in a pile of dust. Elesieth was in the lead, bloodied and bruised from the fighting. All about, Morganas' forces slept, though many simply winked out of existence even as they were looked upon!

The Elf Maiden hugged Morgana, then turned to hug Frostbite and Sentinel. Wiping tears from her soot covered face, she asked "Have we won?"

All about, the world continued to die, as fire spewed thousands of feet into the air, and the earth trembled!

Morgana raised herself painfully. "I can... open gates, through time and space, or I could do, if I had the strength! All creatures would then be able to flee as best they can, drawn by the last of my magic! To where the gates open, and when, who can tell? I have not the time or strength to direct thousands of gates. I just... need to rest..."

Huge lumps of molten rock fell from the sky, and Merissa the Pirate leaned in. "No time to rest, lassie!"

The Crimson legion, those that remained, moved forward. "Respect the Queen!" one hissed, pulling free a sword!

"Queen? Queen of what? A dead world?" laughed Merissa. "We won, and yet we lost! The Dark Queen is presumably defeated, but to what end?" She shook her head. "Most of my men are dead at the hands of foul creatures from the pit, the land is shattered, and soon to burn up! The seas boil, the sky rains fire! And she wants to rest?"

'You two can provide the power, but at cost...' said the Dark Power within. 'You can save many of this worlds creatures by holding open the gates. Hold one open, they all stay open. You will know not where, or when, the gate opens to for you though. I can but try to direct it, but there is little remaining here that I can draw power from. Many of the creatures are magical, without true souls, and therefore incapable of the true range of human emotions from which I draw power. Consider this. What are they to you? You must return to your own world and help save your friends!'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Mar 11 2012, 16:08

Admin wrote:'You two can provide the power, but at cost...' said the Dark Power within. 'You can save many of this worlds creatures by holding open the gates. Hold one open, they all stay open. You will know not where, or when, the gate opens to for you though. I can but try to direct it, but there is little remaining here that I can draw power from. Many of the creatures are magical, without true souls, and therefore incapable of the true range of human emotions from which I draw power. Consider this. What are they to you? You must return to your own world and help save your friends!'

Frostbite considered the words, the Shadow Prince was right, what else could they do. Morganna and the rest were beaten, anything the could do to preserve the few and save them from what otherwise be a wretched existence had to be done.

"OK" Frostbite agree, reluctantly, still unsure as to what the cost may or may not be. But seeing little other choice.

"Morganna get ready, we'll supply you the power, and you open the gate. And fare thee well..."

It pained him more than he thought it would. Elesieth was about to go, to who knows where and he would be unable to join them. He'd also be going back to who knows what. But they'd inadvertently caused untold damage and wrecked the lives of many many peoples through their trespass this once peaceful realm. Perhaps exile was all Joe Rigdon deserved within his companions body.

OOC:
Ok here goes everything, we'll do what the Shadow suggests, its not like we're experts on how to preserve a magical realm from complete destruction, but use hero points to counter rolls as necessary.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Mar 12 2012, 07:53

"If only they could come back with us, they are some good souls here......but...but I dont think are world is ready yet. A person might be kind but people can be cruel' sentinel said to frostbite as he made his farewells and shook hands of mighty warrior who he now considered friends.

"Journey well my friends, as long as you hold together everything will be well" he spoke aloud to the mass's who could hear to try to reassure them

OOC: Ok lets give it a go. Wonder where they'll end up? Narnia?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:10

Morgana used the last of her flagging strength to chant the words of a spell. Frostbite summoned the Dark Power from within, knowing that he was more experienced of the two, though Sentinel leant his own will to the process by placing a hand on his shoulder.

From within, the Dark Power emerged, energising Frostbite who turned to Morgana and nodded. With a final word of the spell, even as the world around died in flame and ash, a rock archway jutted from the ground some distance away. The stone arch looked ancient and worn, whereas the actual doorway was silvered, like a mirror! Frostbite poured the dark energy into the gateway, and it glowed with energy.

Morgana, gasping, shouted "Ride you fools! To the gateway!"

Across the world similar gates opened and were linked from one to another by the power from Frostbites Dark Power. Terrified creatures knew instinctively to head towards them, wherever they be. They appeared in forests, by the side of lakes, on hillsides, even in towns where the magic had not been completely stifled by mans building. For every creature that made it to the gate and moved through, hundreds, perhaps thousands died, as the world started to break up! Great geysers of scorching white lava spewing up thousands of feet into the air to come down as deadly fireballs, and a world screamed!

The Dark Power lapped it up as ordinary beings died, and in doing so, felt its power increase! The gates glowed, staying open longer as the sacrifice of millions fed energy into the Dark power, who could then ensure the escape of thousands.

Elesieth
dare not approach Frostbite and Sentinel as they concentrated and poured power into the gates. She was dragged towards the gate and shouted back "I won't forget you Joseph, and all you have done! I.. I... L..." she cried, then was gone as her people dragged her through the gate!

Sentinel glanced about. The land was fragmenting like a melting ice cap, save that lava was the sea and crumbling stone replaced ice! Morgana stood on shaking legs. "The longer you hold the gate open, the more time the creatures of this land have to escape!" she cried. "But if the gate collapses, you MUST ensure you get through it, else you will die, along with this world!"

The roar of thunder and crash of breaking rock filled their ears as yet more of Elesieths' forces poured through the gate. Frostbite could feel the Dark Power ebbing, and knew he dare not summon more - the being inside had fed so deeply of this worlds misery, there was little chance Frostbite could remain in control if he summoned it again!

Sentinel looked about. There were still hundreds of Elesieths' people pushing towards the gate, and progress was painfully slow. Some screamed as the ground beneath them gave way!

=========

Encased in crystal, Morrigan knew little of what went on...

Rock and lava smashed from the surface of the crystal tomb, but left not even a mark! Inside, encapsulated in crystal and Morrigans hand, the grail glowed...

==========

Morgana gasped, her eyes glowing... then she smiled...

Even as Frostbite and Sentinel poured their will into maintaining the gates, the remainder of Elesieths forces waited for their chance to get through the gate. With each being that went through, the gate flashed, sending another creature to who knew where!

With an uttered word and wave of her hand, Morgana altered the magic spell that summoned the gates...

Frostbite and Sentinel turned, knowing something had happened... "What?" spluttered Sentinel...

Morgana laughed "The Grail still seeks to even the scales, 'heroes'!" she cackled. Behind her the gates had changed from a silver to a kaleidoscope of rainbow colours, swirling and flashing! "You have not beaten me, yet!" She pulled her hands back, chanting, about to unleash another spell!

OOC Dilemma time - Morgana - or is it Morrigan? - has changed the magic of the gate to send each passer through the gate to a random time and place! Do you break off your powering of the gates to fight her, or continue to use the magic and consider it better to allow the creatures to escape anywhere, at any cost? Plus, Morgana/Morrigan is about to unleash another spell, and our heroes are badly beaten/vulnerable! Even as that goes on, the land is breaking up, becoming a sea of lava all around them, leaving them on an ever decreasing hunk of rock! Can there be any more exclamations in a single episode?!?! On another note, it has taken me ages to finish this post... kids... grrr...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:54

Admin wrote:OOC Dilemma time - Morgana - or is it Morrigan? - has changed the magic of the gate to send each passer through the gate to a random time and place! Do you break off your powering of the gates to fight her, or continue to use the magic and consider it better to allow the creatures to escape anywhere, at any cost? Plus, Morgana/Morrigan is about to unleash another spell, and our heroes are badly beaten/vulnerable! Even as that goes on, the land is breaking up, becoming a sea of lava all around them, leaving them on an ever decreasing hunk of rock! Can there be any more exclamations in a single episode?!?! On another note, it has taken me ages to finish this post... kids... grrr...

Frostbite felt like screaming in utter frustration (so did Dave), what more had they to sacrifice to rescue this land and yet still the Grail is its simplistic methodology attempted to right some terrible wrong called imbalance. Whilst he continued to struggle on, Frostbite knew Sentinel was much less committed. He beamed a mental message across, "If she continues to attack be ready. I'll continue to hold the gate open. I think any more actions are going to only speed up the destruction of this place."

OOC:
Ok if Sentinel is free to take on Morganna, at least we know the Grail has a finite supply the world is beaten and broken (yeah don't invite us over to your place, look how we trash it otherwise!) so there is little else that can be done by way of collateral damage.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Mar 13 2012, 11:18

"If she continues to attack be ready. I'll continue to hold the gate open. I think any more actions are going to only speed up the destruction of this place."

"Thought you'd never ask" he answered smiling as he mustered his strength launching himself through the air tackling the queen and bring her to her knees in the attempt the interrupt her chanting. Raising a armor clad fist made from the chains he dissolved not ten minutes before to rescue the very same person he was about to pummel, sentinel was tired physically and mentally, tired from the beating he had received and from trying to make allies only to be attacked from all side still.....no more Mr nice guy, from now on he was going with his gut and his gut told him he should pound this witch into the ground if she made a move.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 13 2012, 19:28

Frostbite continued to control - as best he could - the Dark Power within. He had no idea how close he was to losing control thanks to his injuries, as the pain dulled his senses. Nonetheless he concentrated, pouring Dark power at the gate, and saw the invisible (to everyone else) lines that branched out in a thousand directions from the gate as it fed others across the world.

Sentinel, clad in armour crafted from the chains Morrigan had used, leapt at the Sorceress! Even in mid air, he knew her spell would go off first, and angled as best he could to take the blow instead of Frostbite!

The blast struck him, green magic energy splaying off in every which way...

And he crashed into Morrigan, unharmed!

"What?" she cried, and struggled to free herself. "My Magic! What have you done?" she cried as Sentinel took a grip on her arms. He guessed the chains used to harness Morgana were some kind of special metal that nullified magic, and he was doing that to Morrigan!

"GRAIL!" she screeched. "AID ME! RIGHT THE SCALES!"

If the earth breaking apart was terrifying before, now it raised to another level! The land exploded nearby, sending rock, lava and bodies spiralling high into the sky! The remaining land crumbled, bobbing up and down on lava, and any creatures unfortunate to be on them were lost as they toppled into the deadly orange white hot sea!

Sentinel turned, shouting over the howl of hurricane winds, even as they tore at him and his captive. There were still hundreds waiting to go through the gate, and fights broke out at the front. With a glance he saw the inevitable - there wasn't enough time to save everyone, and in a short while, there wouldn't be enough time to save themselves!

The world was finished.

The final moments of what had been a beautiful, vibrant, living world ended in fury, death and terror as the magic was leeched from it. A world that could not, should not have lived were it not for the magic, Avalon (OOC not Albion as I mentioned last time) spewed forth its innards into what was rapidly becoming a poisonous ash filled sky...

"Heroes! HA!" spat Morrigan, as she struggled, helpless, in Sentinels grip. The ground rumbled and creatures on the edge of the rock screamed as they tumbled into the oblivion of lava! "You have doomed this world!" she laughed, maniacally as the wind whipped her hair about.

OOC Last actions - the gate might stay open with Frostbite holding it so, but the land itself is breaking up and dissolving. Last post then this mission is a wrap. Here's a hint - make sure you get through the gate...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 14 2012, 07:05

Admin wrote:Frostbite "Heroes! HA!" spat Morrigan, as she struggled, helpless, in Sentinels grip. The ground rumbled and creatures on the edge of the rock screamed as they tumbled into the oblivion of lava! "You have doomed this world!" she laughed, maniacally as the wind whipped her hair about.

Despite being completely unsure of how Morgana and Morigan could have ended up in one place, Frostbite couldn't doubt the reality of her words. Truth was, they had caused untold chaos and doomed a world and its many people.

Now, worst still the longer he waited the more he knew the chances where he doomed himself as well. Yet Frostbite couldn't let go, he had to save as many as he could. Being heroic didn't mean being perfect, only willing to make the hard decisions that come with the responsibility of such power. Shouting over the noise and chaos he shouted to Sentinel,"Take her with you, make sure you hold onto her go, this world is doomed, I'll follow. That's an order!"

Frostbites grim expression brooked no discussion on the matter. He was determined to hold on until the last minute.

OOC:
Ok I could do the whole I'll hold on and go down with the sinking ship, but Frostbite isn't suicidal even if he does feel terribly guilty for the way things have got messed up here. He will however wait until there is no further waiting possible and then go through himself.

As the gate collapsed, Frostbite launched himself forward, his reserves almost depleted with a strained look back he said to the now gone Elesieth, "I'm sorry...!" Before he to was gone from the worlds last dying groan.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 15 2012, 09:24

Even as Sentinel took a firm grip of Morrigans arm, she laughed.. then dissipated into smoke! He turned to look at Frostbite. The magic of the grail had finally drained, with the world able to offer no more! Dozens of the creatures, hundreds even, waiting to go through the gate disappeared, as they had been created by the grail or depended on magic in some way to survive!

With the wind howling, and tearing at Frostbite, he saw the few remaining creatures pass through the gate and turned. Sentinel shouted "COME ON!" and waited for his friend...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #7 Battle for the fate of Albion! - Page 3 How_to_Set_the_World_on_Fire_with_Photoshop_26

They passed through the gate moments before the world burnt up the last of its atmosphere!

Elsewhere...

The crystal coffin resisted the worst of the heat and fury of the worlds death. Inside, Morgana le Fay lay in state, perfectly preserved and protected, grail in one hand, crystal sword in another. She drifted free of her rocky prison as it broke up, and towards one of the few remaining time gates, passing through before it, and all the others, winked out...

=========

Across the Universe...

"You offer nothing!" stated the Alien leader to Nowhere Boy, who stood impassive. "We want the Lunarium. What is to stop us from simply taking it? You are but a boy, despite your supposed power!"

All around, the other members of the Star League murmured agreement, and Imperator cringed. He had seen the power of the Vanguard and knew to take them seriously. Clearly the council wasn't impressed, or had not heeded his warnings!

He coughed, as if to speak, but the leader spoke again. "Am I boring you human? You seem distracted. Perhaps we should
invade your world, take your Lunarium and you won't notice?" This raised a laugh from the council. Nowhere Boy looked
up "Sorry. I was distracted. My land calls me. As to invasion?" he grinned, youthful face darkening without any sign
of mirth. "It will be the last thing this league of planets ever does. I will wipe out every living creature for light
years. The Devourer will seem like a buzzing fly in comparison."

The leader laughed. "Your threats are baseless! Why, you say your land calls you, but you are hundreds of light years
away! We have scanned you - without our vessels you are a prisoner here! You can fly, but would need a million life
times to get back to your home world!" The council laughed, and Nowhere Boy took it, eyes resting on Imperator, who
held his hands up in an effort to calm things. Nowhere Boy simply smiled. "Heed my words." he said quietly. "They were
not a threat, but a statement of fact. Invade, and everything you know shall be wiped clean from the universe. It will
be as if your league of planets never existed. If you will not help us against the Devourer, do not come near our solar
system again. We will treat you as an enemy... for the 10 seconds you live before you are wiped out."

This caused the council the burst into outright laughter!

Then the Council Leader held his hand up, getting gradual silence... "Where is the stripling? He was here, then he was
not! Imperator! With your vast senses, you must find him!"

Imperator scanned about, taking almost a minute, even at super speed. "He is nowhere on the planet, Lord. As far as I
can tell, he is nowhere in this solar system!"

The smile fell from the council leaders face. Imperator added "I have seen their power. if you make an enemy of them, I
will do my duty, but I will expect to die."

"They... are that powerful?" spluttered the Leader.

"The boy is just one of five. Be grateful they do not turn their attention to the stars. I take my leave now. Council..."
said Imperator, bowing, before he left.

=========

Wales...

Frostbite fell through a gate, sagging beside Sentinel on the shore of the sea, looking out at the mist shrouded island
they had journeyed to in order to arrive at Avalon.

"Was all that, the death of a world, for nothing?" asked Sentinel, quietly.

Frostbite listened to the lapping waves. He stood, dusting sand off, and his hand brushed an object hanging from his
side. He wasn't sue how it got there, but the horn of Dragon Summoning hung from his shoulder! It had been removed when
he'd taken the beating from the guards, and returned when Raspandarr brought his possessions. Had Morgana somehow
summoned it to him? Was it in some way bound to him and no other? He wasn't sure, nor was he sure if any Dragons had
survived the death of the world, but suspected they would have found a way to a gate given their power and intelligence.

Frostbite and Sentinel had their army to fight off the Nazis.

"About time you two got back." shouted a young voice from a cliff top. Nowhere Boy stood there, wind tousling his hair as
he looked down to where the pair stood on the beach. "The Land called me back, and I think we're needed. Ready?"

Frostbite and Sentinel looked at one another, then at the distant mist shrouded isle, remembering all they had seen and
done. Friends lost, enemies fought, a world destroyed. Had they sealed the doom of a world? Uneasily, they turned from
the scene in order to try to save another world...

OOC End of this adventure. ADD 1 POWER GRADE EACH. Let me know what you go for. I'll update the character sheets and add
you guys into the team thread. I expect the formatting is all over the place for this post because I finished it off in text editor. In Drax, as usual Sad

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 15 2012, 09:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clear up formatting)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Mar 15 2012, 17:15

Admin wrote:OOC End of this adventure. ADD 1 POWER GRADE EACH. Let me know what you go for. I'll update the character sheets and addyou guys into the team thread. I expect the formatting is all over the place for this post because I finished it off in text editor. In Drax, as usual Sad

OOC:
ok for some reason I thought I had back field Manipulation, ah I did, Elsieth restored Joe back to what he was, so I am not sure which Character sheet, in fact which Joe is upfront and we are using?

I would have gone with field manipulation G1 if this is Joe H, the guy who went in to Avalon, but if its the old Joe with the old powers, that's redundant so lets make it Vigour G1.

Joe was confused, uncertain, he tried to adjust to being back, but who was back. What had gone on and what was remained of the man who left.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:56

OOC Strictly speaking, you are back to Joe Hoskyn. The magic used to transform/call forth Joe Rigdon is gone... So Field Manipulation Grade 1 (cold) it is...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Mar 16 2012, 07:59

OOC: Okay I know sentinel likes to blow things up but just for the record Im pretty sure he didnt mean to help blow up a whole world.

Im not sure what to pick for the upgrade, going with the idea that sentinel is a bit of a tank Im not sure super speed would be a good idea although is armour isnt as bulky now so do you guys think this could effect his agility, possibly upgrade his speed (Im guessing this would speed up flight too) or reflex's.......if not super strength grade 2 would be nice.

IC: "Joe.....Joe are you okay? I know we have been through alot, are you ready? We will never forget them but we must have faith that the ones that remain are now safe, we tryed our best and even if we saved one innocent soul we made some difference." sentinel thought back through all the events in that strange world but one of the things that made a difference to him was the sacrifice of Raspandarr, a evil creature of that magnitude that saw the light and gave his life for the greater good. There truely was hope then. He couldnt help thinking that maybe that wonderous dragon was somehow bound to frostbites horn for now he knew anything was truely possible.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:35

That's a cool picture of a death of a world. Hope we never see it again!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:27

DavidMcMahon wrote:That's a cool picture of a death of a world. Hope we never see it again!

OOC: Amen to that to brother! Can't believe after so much hard work we managed to blow it so badly. This puts Putty's transgressions well into the shade.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:57

If we actually survive, I can see all of us turning into alcholics and drug users later in life to try to deaden the pain of our failures.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 16 2012, 17:28

DavidMcMahon wrote:If we actually survive, I can see all of us turning into alcholics and drug users later in life to try to deaden the pain of our failures.

Or we'll be cynics, old men with old souls in adolescent bodies like Nowhere Boy ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Mar 16 2012, 22:04

OOC: I think sentinel is planning to be like the comedian from watchmen.....bring on the whiskey

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 16 2012, 23:07

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger... at this rate they'll be less like Comedian and more like Dr Manhattan...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Mar 17 2012, 00:25

How about a wiskey drinking Dr. Manhatten who likes going around blowing up suns because they look pretty when they do?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 17 2012, 00:31

Sounds like he's been hanging around Commander Allard for too long...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3