The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout)

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout)

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 01 2012, 20:11

Let's try something different with wrestling. Stone Fist will go for a grappling hold - Half Nelson, Full Nelson, one of them Nelsons - to hold the guy, setting him up for Jade Hood to hit with what he has.

So two points into grabbing and holding, no damage being attempted, a teamwork attack.

"Name's Stone Fist and I am the new Face of Justice in this town!"

ooc: Another thought. Is there some kind of nerve pinch or choke hold to block the blood and knock someone out? Something a martial artist like Jade Hood might know but Stone Fist wouldn't with his Brawling? I know the more options we have in combat the more complex the sytem gets but I figure some of this basic stuff ought to be added.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout)

Post  Admin Wed Feb 01 2012, 22:15

OOC Essentially, the higher the skill/power being used to attack with, the more damage it does (and helps you hit opponents easier too). That means 5MPs (Measurement Points) worth of Martial Artist would probably include thinks like nerve pinches, pressure points and so on. Problem with adding all sorts of extras is keeping track of them all. For a nerve pinch, it might give +2 damage at a cost of -3 to hit (that's actually a lot better than it sounds because of the way the hit system works, you're getting a free boost to damage) but then you've got all manner of other special attacks that might give a little more, a little less effect and before you know it you've a list as long as your arm!

=========

Stone Fist uses years of experience in street brawls to 'sucker' his opponent in, hooking an arm and a hand around his foes' body whilst the other arm yanks hard on his opponents' wrist! Something... feels strange about his foe, though Stone Fist has to avoid a headbutt thrown back against him first whilst his foe struggles in his iron grasp!

"Won me $20 did this move, no way you gettin' free!" laughed Stone Fist. Jade Hood stepped up and delivered a blow against the helpless foes' gut, only for his solid fist to meet a solid gut, one used to hours of endless drills and exercising!

Much like his own.

Jade Hood frowned and stepped back, about to deliver another kick. Something was strange about their foe, a familiarity he couldn't place... what?

"Hey!" said Stone Fist. "Hold on a second! This feels kinda..."

"Oy!" squealed the black garbed foe as they twisted in Stone Fists grip. "Watch where you put your hands!"

"A woman!" gasped Stone Fist, and he almost relaxed his grip as he adjusted it to be less... intrusive. Jade Hood stepped up, moved a foot back and positioned himself to deliver a kick...

"Striking Eagle!" gasped the Black Garbed Woman! "Wait! No!"

Jade Hood stepped forwards and yanked the wrappings/mask from the entangled foes' head.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout) - Page 2 Mei_lin

"Mei Lin!" gasped Jade Hood. Memories of training, stolen glances across the room, moonlit walks and forbidden trysts, a promise to return and find a way to be together never fulfilled, for she had finished her training and vanished, like all other students, if they graduated or not! Though it had only been a year since he'd seen her last, the time had been painful, and Jade Hood had tried to repress the memories of something that could never be, yet still was yearned for!

"Release me!" she cried, though she struggled in Stone Fists arms and couldn't get free. The bound woman on the floor gaped. "Uh wuwwu?" she muffled through the gag.

=========Mechanics=========

OOC Stone Fist is reduced to 1/5 effort. He's hoping to use his wrestling to pin the BGF in place so that Jade Hood can land a few good hits in. Therefore I'll say any damage he inflicts actually reduces BGF's combat skill and makes it easier for Jade Hood to hit. Of course, he needs to hit first...

Roll 5,7,4,2. Hmmm. Not great. Best rolls are 5+7, plus CS9 + Brawling 3+Teamwork 2 for 26 total.

BGF gets 10,1 roll for defence plus CS12 total 22. Stone Fist HITS. Damage is roll: 9,9 (Double!) plus 4,8 total 30! Plus Strength (5) plus 2 accuracy for 37 total. BGF resists with 3,1 rolled plus Body (3) for a total of 7! If that were damage BGF would be OUT! Instead, it's 'hypothetical' meaning BGF has their Combat Skill reduced (to 0 for this round, 0 next round and by 6 points the round after, which is 30 points worth).

BGF then headbutts Stone Fist as their Combat Skill is reduced to nothing effectively (though Martial arts 5 still helps). 5,7 rolled + 5=17 total. Stone Fist gets 8,2 rolled plus CS9 + Brawling 3=22. Easily avoids the clumsy headbutt!

Jade Hood moves in (-1 to hit) but has a helpless target! This should be a cinch! Roll of 6,2 plus CS11 + Martial Arts 5 - 1 (moved) +2 (teamwork)=25. BGF struggles in Stone Fists grasp and tries to avoid the blow. 10,4 rolled 14 total. 11 difference means 4 accuracy. Damage is 7,5 rolled plus 3 Strength + 4 accuracy - 9,7 rolled + Body 3. 19 each. No damage!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 02 2012, 07:15

Admin wrote:

"Mei Lin!" gasped Jade Hood.

"Release me!" she cried, though she struggled in Stone Fists arms and couldn't get free. The bound woman on the floor gaped. "Uh wuwwu?" she muffled through the gag.

Recovering his composure for a moment, Jade Hood drew Mei Lin's eye towards his own. "What...what is the meaning of this. What are you doing kidnapping this woman?"

Jade Hood couldn't believe what he was seeing, all the while he was trying to fight back memories and the rush of emotion that made his head swim.

OOC:
Oh nice twist, you'd telegraphed something earlier about those who graduate, so this is a great little twist.

Anyway I want to find out what I can and then set about releasing the woman, whom Mei Lin kidnapped, assuming - from what we're told, its safe to do so.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 02 2012, 10:30

Mei Lin straightened - but couldn't move much in Stone Fists arms. "I do not know you, and will not speak to you. If you do not release me, you will face the wrath of the people I am with!" she said, resolute. She looked Jade Hood in the eye and frowned. Recognition? He had his mask on, so there would be no way she could be sure. "How do you know me?"

"Whu aout we?" muffled the woman on the floor, struggling against her bonds and the gag.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Feb 02 2012, 13:07

"Free the other woman, Jade Hood," Stone Fist said. "I'll hold onto this wildcat until then and you two can talk after that."

ooc: maintain grip and let the two of them talk it out.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 02 2012, 15:03

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Free the other woman, Jade Hood," Stone Fist said. "I'll hold onto this wildcat until then and you two can talk after that."

ooc: maintain grip and let the two of them talk it out.

Jade Hood hesitated for a moment before saying, "Maybe this will job you're memory!" With that he lifted his mask, albeit briefly so Mei Lin could see who he was. He wanted to make sure that Mei Lin's hostage didn't get a look at his face, so he made sure he had his back turned to her, before putting his mask back in place.

Then leaving Mei Lin to her thoughts Jade Hood, first untied the woman and then hoisted her up, taking her by the arm gently, he lead her to a small stoop where she could sit down and massage the blood back into her limbs. "I am sorry that you have ended up like this, my friend and I mean you no harm. If you could wait whilst we find out what this was about, we will make sure you are returned safely and we would be most grateful?"

Jade Hood said sincerely. As he turned back to Mei Lin, he wondered what sort of situation she had wound up in her and the 'people' she worked with.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 02 2012, 23:59

"Lu!" hissed the girl, who seemed to sag in Stone Fists' arms. Jade Hood replaced his mask and moved over to the other woman. She was young, pretty, albeit bookish, with mousy hair and glasses. Aside from being tied up and gagged, she was unharmed. "What is going on here? she cried. "Who are you people, and why did... she... kidnap me? How on earth did she carry me up a building side? What is...?" She shivered, and Jade Hood helped her to sit down. Clearly she was in shock. Nodding to him as he comforted her, she whispered "Thank you. I'll be alright. I just want to know what's going on." Jade Hood walked back to Mei Lin who looked up at him, still firmly held by Stone Fist.

"When I saw you last, I believed we would find a way to be together! I wanted - one day - to return to the temple and run away with you! How is it you are here?" asked Mei Lin quietly.

"We're askin' the questions missy" growled Stone Fist. The girl hardened and straightened up. "I am of the order of the Asp. I do not..." All three of them turned as the museum woman gasped and came over. "The order of the asp? That's an ancient cult, rumoured to be up to their necks in assassination and worse things! When I was in Tibet months ago a dying yogi bequeathed me his possessions and told me to keep them safe. They were stolen from the museum in a break in. I never knew what..."

"Was one of the items a Jade Serpent, carved in the pose that strikes?" hissed Mei Lin.

"Why... yes. It was a gaudy piece, roughly cut, of little value. I had discovered that it opened if one pressed in the left fang, but it was stolen before I could open it in controlled conditions."

Mei Lin shook her head, bowing it. "It contains the crushed powder of the scarlet lotus, a flower that grows only in certain places and at certain times. Very rare."

"Poison?" growled Stone Fist.

"The opposite." said Mei Lin. "That powder, when combined with certain others, can be turned into a formula that enhances the mind and the body, turning ordinary man into..." she searched for the word.

"A super-man?" asked Stone Fist, and looked up at Jade Hood. Mei Lin nodded. "There are six ingredients. We know that a consortium of archaeologists and historians have been searching the world for them. Without all six, the formula may still work, but will prove lethal in ninety nine out of one hundred cases. If they took the artefact with the scarlet lotus in, all that would be required is to get the Indigo brushreed and the sunburst flower petal. Each are hidden inside ancient artefacts. The six orders of assassins were each given an ingredient to hide away and guard. The yogi must have known the group searching for them was close, and sent the artifact across the world where he thought it might be safe! He is dead - he fought well, despite his age. One cannot battle forever though when you have lived for almost 150 years!"

Stone Fist gasped at that, but Jade Hoods eyes were dark. "You mean... the temple... where I was trained? All who leave it become assassins?" Mei Lin turned away, then nodded before answering. "They become assassins, or they die." She looked up with tears in her eyes. The young woman from the museum shook her head. "I don't understand. If it's powder, what can they do with it?"

Mei Lin looked up again. "The compound is ready to mix with the other ingredients, but there are, cast in the Jade by cunning workmanship, preserved seeds. Those plants can be grown again! Separate? They are plants, with some medicinal qualities or a fine scent. Combine some, and they become a poison. Combine others in the right quantities, and it is said they can cure any disease, even bring someone back from the dead! Others combined create a powder that when inhaled empowers the body to superhuman extremes! It is unstable though, unless all six are combined in equal amounts."

"And then?" asked the girl.

"And then an invincible army, of soldiers, assassins, monsters, will walk the earth!" said Mei Lin. "That is why the ingredients were separated and guarded by the six assassin cults - so that no one cult would control the power! Now someone else has the ingredients, and seeks the last two!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:04

Admin wrote:"And then an invincible army, of soldiers, assassins, monsters, will walk the earth!" said Mei Lin. "That is why the ingredients were separated and guarded by the six assassin cults - so that no one cult would control the power! Now someone else has the ingredients, and seeks the last two!"

Jade Hood frowned unsure as to how far he could trust his only love. Would she betray them, or did she realise they had as much too lose if this deadly compound were to be released?

"I do not know where you're loylties lies, Mei Lin, but I and my friend have already seen this handy work being used on the poor and desperate of this city. Nazi's are using a chemical like this to try and bread supermen. You may wish to go back to your group, but I think since the balance of power has already been shifted, do you not agree, that its time we recovered that which was lost?

Jade Hood said the words in a somewhat wooden fashion, he was trying hard to keep a tight reign on his emotions. Emotions that encompassed more than his feelings for the woman before him. Feelings of betrayal at what he had spent his life training for, only to realise his once great monastery was an elegant front for murderers. He felt deeply betrayed, but right now things were getting complicated. They still at the murder of their associate Lara Lamont and that strange note, she had. Could that possible link to this. Odd that they should have stumbled on this who situation from their dealings with Cut Throat and his bosses.

Things were already out of hand, Jade Hood wanted to stop this before things went much further than anyone imagined.

He looked to his friend, "What do you think?"

OOC:
Well nice tie, up and a pretty pickle at no mistake. Anyway Dave, don't know about you but I am thinking we let Mei Lin go, she can join us but she'd better not oppose us or the gloves are off. But what do you think? Maybe we ought not let her go? And their is the prof, whom we can ask about the writing we found at Miss Lamont's place? Plus any other clues as to where this item and its deadly powder might be?

And who has the remaining ingredients and where might they be?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Feb 03 2012, 13:18

"I think we better find out what that note meant and get her reply before I let go," Stone Fist growled. He looks over to the other woman. "We found a note in what appears to be Latin and wonder if you can translate it for us. It is part of our investigation into a couple of murders, probably by the same folks who are looking to make supermen."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 03 2012, 23:35

"Thank you for saving me, by the way. I'm Mary. Mary Jameson. I..." she glanced at both masked men and the woman and sighed. "I suppose I'm NOT to go to the police with this? Am I right?" She fumbled for her glasses, slipping them on then held up the scrap of paper Jade Hood handed over. "Lorem Ipsum Humanum" She said, frowning. "Well, as you might know, Latin is never an exact translation. The words mean, roughly, 'To know more about the human condition' or 'to better the human condition', or perhaps 'A project to advance the human condition'." she paused, then added "The advanced, or super human, project?"

She frowned again. "Hmmm. I've seen that phrase before. I'd have to...no, wait! There's a gentlemans' club, a kind of... masonic lodge if you will. No women allowed. One of the professors at the museum frequents it. I'm sure I saw him go in, and was barred at the entrance by large looking gentlemen with heavy brows. I'm sure that phrase, or something like it, was set in the stone arch above the door. It looked very old, as if transplanted from somewhere else."

"The other one - Order of the Asp - I'd have thought your friend here..." she said, frostily, might be able to shed light on.

Mei Lin straightened, then answered. "We chartered a boat to transport ourselves and our equipment to these shores. We intend to stop whomever is gathering the sacred plant extracts and return with what was stolen from us!" she hissed at Mary.

"I didn't steal it!" she replied, flustered. "It was given to me! For safe... uh, keeping. I'll admit, not that safe..." she said, embarrassed.

Jade Hood turned to Stone Fist. "Lamont must have been onto something. Perhaps that Masons lodge? Maybe she overhead conversation that mentioned the Order of the Asp. You didn't kill her, did you?" Jade Hood asked Mei Lin.

"No. We would have found out what she knew first, otherwise we'd have been in the dark. This woman would have been safe. She knows nothing."

"Why you...!" spluttered Mary, and she lunged at the pinned Mei Lin who kicked back! The vigilantes broke the pair up and separated them. Mary tried to look a little more dignified and straightened her glasses. "Well I know something now, and I want in! You need my knowledge!"

Mei Lin sniffed "I represent my order. We want what is ours returned, therefore what you discover is something important to me too. I want in - and you can release me now. It appears our goals are similar."

OOC The Masonic Lodge is your next logical step but it won't be easy getting in there! You need to figure out that, plus who you're taking - both of these ladies, one, or none!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Feb 04 2012, 08:07

Admin wrote:Mei Lin sniffed "I represent my order. We want what is ours returned, therefore what you discover is something important to me too. I want in - and you can release me now. It appears our goals are similar."

OOC The Masonic Lodge is your next logical step but it won't be easy getting in there! You need to figure out that, plus who you're taking - both of these ladies, one, or none!

Jade Hood, knew that Mei Lin, could easily handle herself, but not so much Miss Jameson. And his face and mannerisms said as much. He turned cautiously to Stone Fist. "What do you think?"

His question left a long unspoken hanging in the air. But if it turned out the Miss Jameson had more to offer than they had given her credit for, then perhaps things would be different. But in truth she had already been kidnapped, would she again, become another liability on this mission?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:54

Mary sniffed and stood taller. "I know what you're thinking. I'll get in the way? Well, which one of you can translate Latin, ancient south american texts, or knows their way around the tombs of the ancients in egypt?"

Mei Lin rolled her eyes. "What has that to do with... wait. Egypt? Why do you mention that?"

"I'm not talking to... oh well I might as well. Professor Cartwright of the museum left for Egypt only yesterday, by chartered plane. I told him I would be helpful to take along because of my knowledge of the Ancient Egyptian people. He told me to keep on with cataloguing artifacts, and that if I wasn't finished by the time he got back, I'd be fired!" she said, welling up. "He's such an arrogant man. Women throw themselves at him, and he has so much money, he just treats people like dirt! Well he'll get his comeuppance in Egypt because the British won't let him near the dig sites. He said he wasn't going to the dig sites and mind your own business. I checked with his secretary and whilst she was... uh, on her break checked the missed calls. One was from a fellow calling from Egypt, so he's definitely meeting someone over there."

Mei Lin turned to the others. "The order of the Cobra is based somewhere in Cairo. I... would not have told you this if I thought you could not be trusted, and that you wanted the plant extracts for yourselves." she looked at Jade Hood "I believe our goals are the same though." and turned to Mary Jameson "And it is possible this man, this Cartwright, is mixed up in what is going on. Was he the one who was going to this... Lodge you speak of?"

Mary glanced at those gathered and shrugged "Might have been. You'll never know... unless I go with you!"

OOC have a pile of Pictures from David M to pore through. Will find one of a lady suitable to play Mary Jameson...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Feb 05 2012, 18:22

"Um ... I'm not the Scarlet Pimpernel or Zorro," Stone Fist says. "I can't afford to fly to Egypt!"

ooc: Tons more heading your way now but then I have to leave for a game of Pathfinder.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:47

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Um ... I'm not the Scarlet Pimpernel or Zorro," Stone Fist says. "I can't afford to fly to Egypt!"

Jade Hood nodded, "But in the meantime it looks as if you both are coming along with us. Perhaps we must go to this gentleman's club?"

OOC:
I don't like this indiana wannabe coming along with us, but it looks like we've got no choice. So I guess unless Dave says otherwise we'd better try and check out this club?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:24

Mary gave a self satisfied grin to Mei Lin, then turned to Stone Fist. "The museum has a budget for charter planes and expeditions all around the world. Professor Cartwright would normally sign them off. I, ah, know how to sign for him. He believes such things are beneath him..."

OOC I assume: Mei Lin is released, but watched like a hawk, and that you make your way across town...

=========

"There it is." said Mary in a hushed voice

The strange group crouched in a shadowy alley off from the street and looked across at the building opposite. A grand old stone house of several stories, square with several annexes to the sides and front. There were walls around the grounds which were well tended. In the moonlight shadows were cast across the place. At the fancy main gates two men in suits stood guard. Despite the hour (it was an hour or so before midnight) there were lights on in the place. It seemed that the evenings entertainment was just beginning!

"Visitors go to the main gate. The only other way in is over a twenty foot wall through grounds patrolled by guards. They take their privacy seriously." said Jameson. "Far be it from me to suggest how you'd dress, but they DO have a dress code you know..." she said, looking at Mei Lin in her black ninja garb, Stone Fist in his burlap hood and Jade Hood in his garb.

Mei Lin shrugged. "I can make my way in there. I am sure... L... the Jade Hood can too." She glanced at Stone Fist. "Unless you have another plan?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Feb 06 2012, 07:19

Admin wrote:Mei Lin shrugged. "I can make my way in there. I am sure... L... the Jade Hood can too." She glanced at Stone Fist. "Unless you have another plan?"

Jade smiled, "What we need is a diversion, shame we cannot let a stray dog loose in the grounds. But perhaps if friend Stone Fist, could leap over the wall, pretend to be drunk and then run off, leap away and then circle around to rejoin us, that might work?"

Jade looked from his companions and back to Stone Fist to see if he had a better idea.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Feb 06 2012, 16:14

Stone Fist laughs. "That's sounds so weird it might work," he says. "Okay, I will give you a few minutes to get into position and then go into my drunk act."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:41

Grabbing an empty bottle that had been dumped in the alley, Stone Fist swayed across the street in view of the guards at the gate before he wobbled off down the road and around the corner. Jade Hood, Mei Lin and Mary watched the guards reactions. They were unimpressed, but stayed silent.

"Strong silent types?" whispered Mary.

"Professional." remarked Mei Lin. "I know nothing of the origins of this place or who is a member but it seems clear their clientele takes their privacy carefully. Your friend is as strong a man as I ever met, and a formidable fighter, so I have no doubt he can take care of himself. I just wonder if they are armed with guns, would they have qualms in shooting him?"

=========

Around the corner Stone Fist looked about, waited for a car to pass and stumbled down the street, wall on his left hand side...

Without ceremony he sprung up and over the wall, clearing the spikes on top and landing in the mud of a flower patch. There were quite a few low to mid level bushes and shrubs but nothing like a tree or anything offering full cover. He was some way from the house/mansion and... yep. He saw two guards coming around the corner, one with a dog on a leash! It was a german breed, stocky, powerful and fast. They were perhaps 50m from Stone Fists position, and he was within jumping distance of the wall.

OOC Do you want to let them see you then take off? Are you going to hop over the wall or run, or even try to explain yourself to these guys? Perhaps even try to pass unnoticed to get closer to the house? Jade Hood and the others - is there anything you will act on, like shouts, gunshots or screams, or waiting on Stone Fist?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:54

Can I make another jump from where I am to the roof of the house? If I can, I want to do that and then lean over and dare the guards to stop me from jumping off the roof and killing myself. That ought to create a big enough distraction, can't have a suicide on the property that might make the papers!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 07 2012, 00:32

OOC that would be a colossal jump even for Stone Fist. He'd need a VERY impressive roll indeed to make that jump from where he is (near the wall). That would be pushing his Jumping to the limit and far, far beyond.. I don't recall the original Supermans jumping distance (1/8th of a mile) and it won't be that far, but for Stone Fist it'll be far enough! Even at the base of the mansion wall he would have to push his jumping to make it clean onto the roof. That's not to say it can't be done of course... you have 5 effort points and 5 hero points to spend if you want to try anyway. A mix of both will get you a high roll, and a double, almost guaranteed, but will it be enough?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 07 2012, 03:58

naw that's okay. and 1/8th of a mile was his original jumping distance, though he quickly raised it up so that by 1941, he was jumping into the stratosphere [got the Sunday comic strips of Superman from 1939 to 1943, up to reading 1941].

Instead, let's leap into the nearest tall tree and make like Tarzan, a drunk Tarzan, yelling and whooping it up and speaking 'dog' to the German shepards.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 07 2012, 06:57

Admin wrote:OOC Do you want to let them see you then take off? Are you going to hop over the wall or run, or even try to explain yourself to these guys? Perhaps even try to pass unnoticed to get closer to the house? Jade Hood and the others - is there anything you will act on, like shouts, gunshots or screams, or waiting on Stone Fist?[/i]

Whilst his friend went to create the distaction, Jade Hood lead the others to the other side of the compound, looking for an easy means of entry. Though he had no worries about Mei Lin, Miss Johnson was another story altogether.

OOC:
Ok so go look for some way to boast Miss J over the wall, and get Mei Lin and myself over with the minimum of fuss. We'll start scouting that out as soon as we can, and then make the jump as soon as we hear the shouts and commotion.

Give that we are not talking about the guards having walkie talkies, I imagine in order to draw them to him, Stone Fist will make a lot of noise/ commotion which will be our signal to get over.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08 2012, 10:54

Admin wrote: There were quite a few low to mid level bushes and shrubs but nothing like a tree or anything offering full cover. He was some way from the house/mansion and... yep. He saw two guards coming around the corner, one with a dog on a leash! It was a german breed, stocky, powerful and fast. They were perhaps 50m from Stone Fists position, and he was within jumping distance of the wall.

Stone Fist looked around for the nearest tree...

He drew a blank! The nearest thing to cover was a bush, about waist high, that he could crouch behind! He needed to think fast (faster!) because the guards were alert and roughly heading in the direction he was. In the darkness, they might well miss him, but that dog wouldn't!

OOC Shrubs, small - waist high bushes, roses, that sort of thing... no trees! They are 40m away now...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08 2012, 11:01

Mei Lin pulled a face at Mary tottering across the road in heels. "She is..." she stopped when Mary was about to whirl and shout, and Jade Hood interposed himself between the pair. Mei Lin rolled her eyes, paced across to the wall and pulled a small hook that looked like a cats paw, attached to a thin cord. With a single, well practised, toss she hooked onto a spike atop the wall and pulled it taut. In a flash with several strong pulls she was atop the wall and crouched flat, coiled around the spikes with a high degree of flexibility!

"Ach!" she hissed. "Your friend has nowhere to hide! He is on the opposite side of the garden from us and guards with a dog are headed his way!"

She pulled a blowpipe and fitted a dart in the end. "Nonlethal, but the poison knocks out the target and gives them a headache..."

"...Distilled root of Crimson Bloosomweed." finished Jade Hood.

"When you two have finished the botany lessons, how do you propose to get us in there without the place going berserk?"

OOC Jade Hood and Mary are at the bottom of the wall, Mei Lin is on top of it. She's probably well out of range of the blowgun though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 08 2012, 13:16

Move to the high bush, after I disrobe down to my skivvies. Throw the clothes over the wall so I can put them on later then dash for the bush and hide.

In my skivvies pop out of the bush singing like crazy and reeling around like a drunk.

A hit song of 1930 - Jack Payne and his Orchestra
My Baby Just cares For Me
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next